|First||Previous (SECOND SCHEDULE. Forms (Dáil Elections).)||Next (FOURTH SCHEDULE. FORMS OF BALLOT PAPERS AT REFERENDA.)|
ELECTORAL ACT, 1963
Form (Presidential Elections).
(1) Each ballot paper shall contain a list of the candidates as described in their respective nomination papers, arranged alphabetically in the order of their surnames or if there are two or more candidates with the same surnames, of their other names, or if their other names are the same, in the order of their occupations.
(2) The surname of each candidate shall be printed in large characters and his full name, address and occupation, if any, as appearing in his nomination paper, shall be printed in small characters.
(3) Whenever the surnames of two or more candidates are the same there shall also be printed in large characters the other names of such candidates and so much of the description of such candidates as appearing in their respective nomination papers, as will, in the opinion of the returning officer, effectively distinguish such candidates.
(4) The list of candidates shall be arranged either in one continuous column or in two or more columns in such manner (without departing from the alphabetical order) as in the opinion of the returning officer is best for marking and counting.
(5) The back of each ballot paper shall be numbered consecutively and the front of the counterfoil attached to it shall bear the same number. The number on the back of the ballot paper shall be printed in the smallest characters compatible with legibility.
(6) Nothing is to appear on the ballot paper except in accordance with these directions.